Fleet vehicles and parking
Department pool vehicles are still available to be used, however trips should be limited to work that is essential.
Pool vehicle arrangements for each major site are:
- Henry Deane Building – folders need to be collected from foyer Security, rather than the Business Centre.
- Parramatta Justice Precinct (PJP) – folders need to be collected from Fleet Services on level 5. Please contact the Fleet team before you collect/drop off the vehicle as per instructions left at the collection point.
- 223 Liverpool Rd, Ashfield – folders need to be collected from Office Services Reception on level 2.
- 4/6 Cavill Ave, Ashfield – folders need to be collected from Office Services on Ground Floor.
- Strawberry Hills office – folders to be collected from Central Sydney Community Service Centre on level 4.
- Liverpool office – folders need to be collected from the Reception Desk ground floor Security.
As normal, if you require roadside assistance please contact SGFleet on 1800 791 719.
For accident management assistance, please contact Gallagher Bassett on 1300 407 022.
If you need to contact the Fleet Services team, they are working from home and remain contactable during normal business hours via email or phone.
Cleaning measures for fleet vehicles
All staff who use a fleet vehicle should clean the vehicle daily to protect the health of other drivers and passengers, and reduce the risk of COVID-19 infection.
The vehicle should be cleaned with detergent. If you use the vehicle after someone who has been screened for COVID-19, it should be cleaned with detergent, followed by a disinfectant.
When you clean the vehicle, pay particular attention to:
- high-touch areas, including the infotainment touch screen, the climate and audio controls, the steering wheel, the shifter knob, the turn signal, handles inside and out, and any power window, mirror, and locking buttons, as well as your keys or the push-button ignition.
- soft surfaces, such as the carpet, seats and headliner. Don’t forget to clean the back of your seats.
- areas where children may sit or touch including surfaces, car seats, car blankets, the rear-seat entertainment system, climate controls or remotes, and any books or toys in the car.
Changed parking arrangements
Ashfield and Liverpool offices
With a large number of staff working from home, paid parking spaces at Ashfield and Liverpool are no longer required. As a result, payroll deductions for staff paid parking at Ashfield and Liverpool have been cancelled.
All staff with paid parking arrangements should have received an email notification of the cancellation on Friday 27 March.
Payroll has applied this change to salary deductions, effective from the following pay period. If it wasn’t processed before the cut-off time, your payslip will be adjusted retrospectively.
Access to office parking
Parking arrangements are changing to enable staff that are identified as critical to business operations, and required to attend the office, to park on-site where space is available.
Parking bays in Ashfield offices may be used to garage under-used pool vehicles to free up parking in other office locations such as Parramatta and Henry Deane Building.
At this stage, access to office parking is not being revoked. However, please be understanding if you find another vehicle in a space previously allocated to you.
For more information