This page provides links to useful resources, including general information about COVID-19, advice for delivering services and guides for keeping safe.
General information about COVID-19
- NSW Government website – Official information and advice on COVID-19 for community and businesses in NSW, including information about symptoms, testing and social distancing.
- National Coronavirus Health Information line – Call 1800 020 080 if you are seeking information on COVID-19. The line operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Australian Government Department of Health daily alert – The latest medical advice and official reports.
Wellbeing and safety
- SafeWork NSW hub – A guide to help your business comply with its obligations under the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 during the global COVID-19 pandemic.
- Safe Work Australia – Information on COVID-19 and work, health and safety.
- Information for small business owners – Tips and resources to help you manage your small business during the crisis and into the recovery phase.
Working with children and families
- Practice Guidance for Virtual Home Visits on the NGO Learning website
- Factsheet: Talking to children and families about COVID-19
- Factsheet: Supporting children and families through the restoration process
- Factsheet: Restoration assessment and planning during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Factsheet: Support for parents and carers to respond to children’s needs
- Factsheet: Keeping kids connected during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Factsheet: Responding to families or carers who advise that they have COVID-19
- Factsheet: Implementing the OOHC Health Pathway during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Factsheet: Supporting children’s learning during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Tip sheet: Family time during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Tip sheet: Case planning during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Tip sheet: Home visits during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Factsheet: Supporting young people turning 18 during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Application form and checklist: support for care leavers
- Online mental health resources for professionals working with families – An easy access A-Z toolkit on child, teenage and parent mental health and wellbeing.
- Domestic and family violence eSafety – Online safety help for domestic and family violence workers.
- Telethon kids – Advice for parents during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please note, this is a Western Australian resource. Please refer to the NSW Government website for advice specific to NSW.
- COVID-19 family guide – Information and tips to help parents and carers cope with COVID-19.
- Easy English booklet: Directions under the Public Health Act (NSW Health) – An Easy English booklet that explains when people can leave their homes under the COVID-19 public health orders.
- Resources to help reduce children's fears, confusion and worries - from the Australian Childhood Foundation.
- Watch Sesame Street's Elmo and Allan talk about big feelings, resilience and more. This is from the Sesame Street in Communities website -- an online community for sharing Sesame Street's free educational resources with the adults in children's lives.
- ‘Mental Note’ Psychological Specialist Services newsletter
- Red Cross Factsheet: social services available to migrants on temporary visas during COVID-19.
Working with seniors and people with disability
There is a range of resources for disability service and residential care providers on the NSW Health website. This includes:
- Poster: Get tested - reminder for health and residential care workers and staff
- Factsheet: Information for residential care staff
- Adapting risk management plans for COVID-19
- Preventing COVID-19 and other respiratory infections in group residential settings
- Preventing COVID-19 and other respiratory infections while visiting clients at home
- Caring for a client with a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 in a residential facility (including group homes and private residences)
- How to identify and respond to a potential COVID-19 outbreak in a residential facility.
- COVID-19 Community Sector Resource – Information for non-government service providers from the NSW Council of Social Service (NCOSS). It contains useful information to help plan for business continuity, including:
- practical resources on the control and management of infectious diseases
- service continuity and essential homelessness services
- what DCJ is doing to support service providers.
- Justice Connect – Provides legal assistance and information for not-for–profit organisations. As part of the COVID-19 response, Justice Connect is providing legal help to affected community organisations and running a series of webinars on issues such as employment, contracts and annual general meetings.
Food relief services
DCJ has prepared a listing of food relief services currently available in NSW.
Free digital help for new parents
The NSW Government has funded free access to the SleepWellBaby app for NSW parents with newborns or children up to 12 months. New parents can access evidence-based parenting education and specialised telehealth services. Find out more on the Tresillian website.
HSNet Directory for support services
HSNet is a free directory of human services, open to anyone looking for support services in NSW. It contains over 70,000 service listings including family support, child protection, child wellbeing, health, disability, aged care, welfare, community, education, legal, justice and housing.
Services specific to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities are highlighted with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander flags.
Web resources guide
We have prepared a web resources guide including infromation from the Australian Government, academic publishers, and researchers.