Information for Aboriginal people
On this page
- Health advice for Aboriginal communities
- Need help now?
- Information for people who rent their home
- Helpful resources
Health advice for Aboriginal communities
The Australian Government recommends that Aboriginal people aged over 50 should stay home as much as possible.
Find out more about protecting community and Elders to stop the spread of COVID-19:
- Good health and hygiene (NSW Health)
- Stay connected (NSW Health)
- Protect community and Elders (NSW Health)
- Sorry Business and Coronavirus (NSW Health)
- New laws impact public gatherings (NSW Health)
- Keep your mob small (NSW Health)
- Keep our communities healthy – stop the spread (NSW Health)
- About the COVID-19 Outbreak (Aboriginal Health and Medical Research Council NSW)
Need help now?
We’re still here. Help keep your community safe by calling us, instead of visiting our offices.
- contact the Aboriginal Housing Office: 1800 727 555 or www.aho.nsw.gov.au
- Aboriginal Enquiry Line (DCJ Housing) 1800 422 322
- Child Protection Helpline 13 2111
- Link2Home Homelessness 1800 152 152
- Domestic Violence Line 1800 656 463
- Ageing and Disability Abuse 1800 628 221
Find out how DCJ’s essential services will continue to operate during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Information for people who rent their home
- Renting & Coronavirus: What you need to know (Tenants’ Union of NSW)
The NSW Aboriginal Affairs website contains helpful links, including information on funerals, Indigenous business and work support and other essential information.